We are looking for a data-driven planner/buyer who understands and can utilize MRP/ERP data to analyze supply/demand status quickly and efficiently, then convert this status into purchasing requirements plan to support higher level demand plan.
To be successful as a Sparx Hockey Planner/Buyer, you must have excellent computer and analytical skills and exhibit high attention to detail.
Founded in 2013, Sparx Hockey is a privately held corporation located just outside of Boston in Acton, Mass. Sparx Hockey is a developer and manufacturer of skate sharpening equipment and related accessories for ice hockey, figure skating and sled hockey. The Sparx Sharpener, the company’s flagship product, is an affordable, automated product that allows anyone, anywhere, with no prior skate sharpening experience, to easily sharpen hockey and figure skates with pro-level accuracy. Thousands of customers in the U.S. and Canada are currently sharpening their skates with Sparx, including individuals, families, teams, rink operators and pro shops. The company is focused on building a leadership position in skate sharpening by providing customers with the most advanced, accurate and easy to use skate sharpening equipment on the planet.
In addition to Sparx Hockey’s exceptional products and record-setting growth, we also pride ourselves on being a fun place to work. Although it’s not an employment prerequisite, many of our employees still play, coach, and parent hockey players. We do more than just build great hockey products, we use them ourselves. When we’re not working hard or playing hockey our team can be found having a blast at our annual summer outing and impromptu barbeques that fill in the rest of the Sparx annual event calendar.
Our global headquarters are located in Acton, MA and house the R&D, Operations, Marketing, and Sales teams as well as our production lines and warehouse/distribution center.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and respond to all MRP and manually generated material and shop order requisitions.
- Monitor accuracy of Manufacturing and Purchasing Bills of Materials.
- Analyze and report availability of material to operations and management team.
- Maintain schedule and status of deliverables, actions and issues.
- Proactively participate in continuous improvement activities affecting the planning and procurement process.
- Work with Operations to ensure delivery of materials needed to meet on-site production needs.
- Work with Sourcing team to help manage supply partner relationships including lead times, supplied material and schedules
- Write and release requisitions and purchase orders related to assigned components, samples, prototypes and finished goods.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experienced in planning of material within an ERP system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Industrial Management or additional relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a planner/buyer in a fast-paced environment; preferably for a company that designs and develops electro-mechanical consumer products.
- An awesome attitude.
- Understanding process planning of material within an ERP system.
- Must be knowledgeable in identifying requirements, processing requisitions to purchasing, and setting orders.
- Advanced user of MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to use MS Project desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to get tasks accomplished on time
- Direct-To-Consumer business experience (e-commerce) a plus
No relocation available, local candidates only. No agency submissions accepted at this time.
TO APPLY VISIT: https://sparxhockey.typeform.com/to/Po2xJDDe
NOTICE: JOB HIRING SCAMS ARE POPULAR THESE DAYS
Announcement from the FBI:
- Sparx Hockey will never ask potential hires to chat with Sparx Employees through any chat service.
- Sparx Hockey will never request new hires to make purchases for anything prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never ask for personal information, such as I9 supporting materials, prior to starting employment.
- Sparx Hockey will never send emails originating from URLs besides www.sparxhockey.com (no redirects)
- Sparx Hockey will never offer jobs on job board that do not match the job title and description shown on sparxhockey.com/pages/careers (no redirects)
If you are ever have a question concerning the legitimacy of a job offer from Sparx Hockey, contact firstname.lastname@example.org